Privacy Notice: Gentle Approach
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for gentleapproach.co.za and applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this website. We only have access to and collect information that you voluntarily give us via e-mail or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
All the information supplied by you (voluntary and mandatory) will be recorded and processed regardless of the form or medium in which the information was supplied. gentleapproach.co.za (the site) has a strong commitment to providing excellent service to all of our users, which includes respecting concerns about privacy. The site will explicitly ask when information is needed that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you.
If you are under 18 years of age (a minor), we will require the consent of your parent or guardian before we can process your personal information, unless it is in the public interest.
We at gentleapproach.co.za will process the following information:
• Contact details.
• Hair & health-related information.
Generally personal information is requested when making an appointment or purchasing products.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party, other than as necessary to fulfil your request (e.g. to ship an order).
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the e-mail address or phone number supplied on the site:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change or correct any data we have about you.
• Ask us to delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
When submitting information to the site, you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
The following consequences will apply if you fail to provide accurate information:
• We may decline our services or the supply of products to you.
The site shall be entitled to disclose personal information if required to do so (a) to comply with applicable law or with legal process; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of the site, and (c) for the purposes of distributing same to various employees and/ or third parties who assist the site in providing services to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service to you. We will ensure that all such employees and/ or third party service providers are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to your personal information.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The site will:
• Treat your personal information as strictly confidential.
• Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access.
• Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
• Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request.
• Upon your request, promptly delete or rectify any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so for historical, statistical or research purposes, or unless you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
You have the right at any time to rectify the personal information collected, object to the processing of personal information (subject to legislation) and to lodge a complaint at the site.
Contact details of the site:
Gentle Approach Salon
34 Tynemouth Road, Plumstead
Cape Town 7800
Tel: 021-797-8246 | 083-274-0556